Friday, November 4, 2011

7 Jogjakarta 11

July 12 2011

Jogjakarta, probably one of the city that people would love to live in. Also known as DIY (Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta, translate; special region of Jogja) which for me the using of the word “istimewa” is totally appropriate with what I had seen in these recent years where I always had a long walk journey from Malang, to this lovely city. I went to Jogja aaaaaaalll along the way by taking train to Solo then end up in Jogja, although the atmosphere is not as cool as Malang (it’s quite hot) I totally enjoy and love this city.




Probably the most memorable place for me is Lempuyangan Station which I consider as  "the gate" to Jogjakarta. My long walk journey always starts from this lovely and memorable station and this place is also the last place to see before leaving from Jogja. There, in Jogja you’ll always find Sego kucing all over the city (translate; rice for cat) it is one of traditional food in Jogja, it is called sego kucing because the food is just as much as a man’s fist, and it is the same portion as people give rice to their kitty. But don’t worry it is not really a cat food, sego kucing is actually not the main food but it is more to a snack. Some people (like me) ate 3-4 packs of sego kucing to make it a main course.




the walk continues from Lempuyangna station to Malioboro which always be the destination for everyone who are going to Jogja. But I didn't stay long there, I just had a little walk trough the small pathway and took several pictures then I got to my other destination that I've planned to visit this time.




This time, my only wish is to visit Prambanan temple because I haven’t visited it yet since the first time I went to Jogjakarta. To get to the temple I took "Trans Jogja" from Malioboro which for me was real cheap and lovely. I just had to spend Rp.4000 for the ticket and I could go to wherever I want.






Then I went back to Malioboro which I can say as the main area where people are hanging out and walking down the street to enjoy the city view. It was nice to see the buildings, roads, and people around there. One thing about Malioboro which I see as its characteristic is the classic and unique street lamps along the street.







I'm going back to Malang.